HTET 2014 – TGT Science Group Solved Paper
February 5, 2014 2 Comments
Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test 2014
(Teachers for classes VI to X)
Solved paper of TGT Science Group held on 02 February 2014
( correct answers are highighted in deep saffron color)
1. Which of the following is not ‘green house gas’?
2. Ms. Kumar, principle of a scholl, wants integrated approach to the
teaching of science rather teaching different subjects separately. The
reason of this is
a) Difficulty in the adujstment of the teachers in the time table.
b) Difficulty of students to adjust with different teachers.
c) Non-availability of qualified teachers in her school to teach different
d) All the subjects are interlinked and a teacher can draw on cross
3. Which of the following is weakest Lewis Base?
4. Uric acid is the excretory product of which of the following?
a) Frog, Human
b) Bird, Snake
c) Amoeba, Starfish
d) None of these
5. Which of the following effect is not found in sound waves?
6. Which one of the following is not an example of electromagnetic
a) Ultraviolet rays
b) Radio waves
d) Sound waves in air
7. After vigorous exercise fatigue is caused due to accumulation of
a) Carbon dioxide
c) Lactic acid
8. The mass of man is 72kg at earth. The value of g at the moon’s surface
is 1/6 of that on the earth. The mass of man at the moon will be
9. Which of the following statement is incorrect regarding the
continuous and complete evaluation in the teaching of science?
a) It is constructive evaluation
b) it is cumulative evaluation
c) It is carried out once in a year
d) It is carried out throughout the year
10. Producer gas is
a) Mixture of CO and H2
b) Mixture of CO2 and H2
c) Mixture of CO2 andCl2
d) Mixture of CO and N2
11. Which of the following is not a characteristic of thermal radiation?
a) It does not require medium for its propagation.
b) It travesl with velocity of light.
c) It travels in straight line
d) It affects the medium through which it propagates. 12. Which statement is true?
a) In plant water and minerals are transported by phloem.
b) During photosynthesis oxygen is released from CO2
c) Ultimate source of energy for all the organisms is Sun.
d) The leaves of Touch-Me-Not (Mimosa pudica) plant exhibit
13. The cooking gas is mainly a mixture of the following two gases
a) Methane and Ethane
b) Ethane and Propane
c) Propane and Butane
d) Butane and Pentane
14. Which of the following is an example of Non-embryophyta?
15. Radiation with maximum peneteration power is
a) Infrared radiation
b) Ultraviolet radiation
16. Insulin harmone converts
a) Glycogen into glucose
b) Glucose into glycogen
c) Fat into glucose
d) Protein in glucose
17. The first step of the scientific method is
a) Forming a hypothesis
b) Making a observation
c) Conduction an experiment
d) Predicting the result of experiment
18. Which is significant for a fuse wire?
a) Its melting point
b) Its specific resistance
c) Current flowing through it
d) All of the above
19. The example of thermosetting and thermoplastic polymer
a) Polystyrene, polyvinylchloride
b) Bakelite, polystyrene
c) Polyethene, polyacrelonitrile
d) Polystyrene, urea-formaldehyde resin
20. Whic is alloy is not possible?
21. In bryophyllum reproduction occurs
a) through stem
b) through leaf
c) through flower
d) through root
22. Which of the following element is a donor impurity?
23. Electronic configuration of Cr is
24. While introducing Newton’s law of motion a teacher writes all the
formulas on the board before proceeding further. This reflects that
she is following the
a) Experimental apporach
b) Practical apporach
c) Inductive apporach
d) Deductive apporach
25. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer by using the
codes given below the list: List-I List-II
(Petrolium fraction) (Composition)
a) Gasoline i) C8 to C16
b) Kerosene ii) C4 to C9
c) Heavy oil iii) C10 to C18
d) Diesle iv) C16 to C30
(a) (b) (c) (d)
1) i ii iv iii
2) ii i iii iv
3) ii i iv iii
4) i ii iii iv
26. Which of the following set contains same number of molecules?
A) 1 gram O2, 2 grams SO2
B) 1 gram CO2, 1 grams N2O
C) 1 gram CO, 1 grams N2
D) 1 gram O2, 1 grams O3
a)A, B and C b) A and B
a) C and D d) A,B, C and D
27. Which of the following statement is not true about vitamins?
a) They were named by Funk
b) They are vital for life
c) Their deficiency causes disease
d) They help in digestion
28. Vitamin containing metal atom is
a) Vitamin C
d) Vitamin A
29. If the result of an experiment turn out to be different than what was
expected, then it can be concluded that
a) One has not followed scientific method.
b) One need to repeat the experiment till the desired results are
c) One must admit that the experiment was a failure.
d) One should explore the possible reasons for it in the conclusion section.
30. Energy equivalent to 1a.m.u is
a) 0.693 MeV
b) 1 eV
c) 931 MeV
d) 14.2 MeV
Write your comments/feedback in comment box and don’t forget to rate the post.
Posted created by : Naren