GA Quiz 2011 – 3
February 8, 2011 Leave a comment
|QUIZ ON GENERAL AWARENESS 2011 – 3|
|1. A four-member team constituted by Union ministry of environment and forests
(MOEF) to decide on clearance of construction of iron gate at Kutku dam under North Koel irrigation project. Where is Kutku dam situated?
d) Uttar Pardesh
2. Recently on the eve of Republican Day 2011, Homai Vyarawalla received the second highest civilian award of the country ‘Padma Vibhushan’. She is _______.
3. US lifts ban on exports to which of following Indian space and defence-related companies to drive hi-tech trade and forge closer strategic ties with India?
a) Only (1) b) Only (2) c) Both (1) & (2) d) Both (2) & (3) e) All (1), (2) & (3)
4. Recently, which of the following states has banned leather shoes in schools?
6. India is the largest _____ producer and exporter in the world.
7. Kannoth Karunakaran who passed away recently was the former Chief Minister of-
8. Which one among the followings is not a part of Tertiary Sector?
9. Kim Clijsters won the Australian Open women’s single title 2011 after defeating who
10. UK Sinha has been appointed as the new SEBI chairman. He is the former:
a) Only (1) b) Only (2) c) Both (2) & (3) d) All (a), (b) & (c) e) None of these
12. Which of the following countries has recently been launched its own online Encyclopedia as similar to Wikipedia?
13. How many teams and total matches will play in 2011 Cricket World Cup?
14. Which of the following types of Banks are allowed to operate foreign currency
a) Only (1) b) Only (2) c) Only (3) d) Both (2) & (3) e) All (1), (2), & (3)
15. Who is the “Father of Taxonomy”?
d) Carl Linnaeus
e) Robert Wallace