BOI GK Paper
November 2, 2010 4 Comments
BOI General Awareness on Current Developments Paper Held on 31st October 2010
1. DIPP stands for Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion.
2. Age in Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme is 65 years
3. The government, in its budget had aimed to reduce the fiscal deficit to 5.5% of the GDP for FY 2010-11
4. Booker Prize is Literature’s highest honors
5. Book by Chetan Bhagat = 2 States : The Story of My Marriage
6. Winner of Asia Cup Cricket 2010 – India
7. Love is not associated with cricket
8. Double Fault is not a financial term
9. KfW banking group is a German government-owned development bank
10. Double Dip recession is, the recession happening two times with the small gap in between
11. SAARC 2010 Theme : Towards a Green and Happy South Asia
12. Chairperson of the National Human Rights Commission is K G Balakrishan
13 Self Employed Women’s Organisation (SEWA) is rehabilation project in Srilanka
14. India is largest recipient of World Bank loans in 2009-10
15. Leander Paes and Cara Black win Wimbledon 2010 mixed doubles
16. Spain will host the Global Microcredit Summit 2011
17. The SIDBI is another agency in India that supports the microfinance schemes
18. Hawala type transactions comes under Foreign Exchange Regulation Act (FERA) , Now under FEMA
19. New Tax Code passed in Loksabha is Direct Tax Code (DTC) bill
20. Japanese foreign minister Katsuya Okada visit India
21. Sri Lankan ace spinner Muttiah Muralitharan has taken 800 test wickets
22. ULIPs to be regulated by IRDA
23. Cairn stake to be acquired by Vedanta resources
24. Hiroshima Day observed on 6th August
25. Village Grain Banks Scheme implemented by Department Food & Public Distribution.
26. Carbon Credits relates to Protection of Environment
27 . Saina Nehwal loses against Chinese Shixian Wang in World Badminton Championship
28. Rajive Gandhi Khel Ratan Award winner was Saina Nehwal (Ans. None of these).
29. Automobiles is not a core sector.
30. Fiji joins the Non-Aligned Movement(NAM) in June 2010
31. James Alix Michel, President of the Republic of Seychelles
32. Sukhoi is fighter plane/jets
33. US replace Russia as India’s biggest arms supplier in Sept. 2010
34. India mainly exports pharmaceuticals, tea, coffee and spices and engineering goods to Russia (Ans. All 1,2,3)
35. Dronacharya Award is given in Sports
36. SHG stands for Self Help Group
37 . GOLF was not in Commonwealth Games 2010
38. Player Trupti Murgunde related to badminton
39. Brazil not comes under Asian markets
40. The government of India will be reviewing its FDI rules twice a year from fiscal year 2011.
41. Recently Kyrgyzstan is holding its first parliamentary elections to becomes a democratic country.
42. Government of India has banned FDI in manufacture of cigarettes/cigar(tobacco)
43. The six-nation Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit was held at Tashkent in June 2010
44. Boyle’s Law not related to economy
45. Swadhar scheme was launched to cater the requirement of various types of women in distress in diverse situations under different conditions.
46. What is the reason of israel and Palestine Conflict?